Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Where to spend your free money from the government.

Thanks to Jean, my dear, dear friend who forwarded this little e-mail to me. I quite enjoyed it & just had to share since I am a BIG GARAGE SALE SHOPPER! (Side notes were added by yours truly of course.)

How to use Your IRS Rebate check;

As you may have heard, the Bush Administration said each of us would get a rebate check to stimulate the economy.
If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, all the money will go to China. (And you already know I'm not shopping there!!)
If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs, (I'd stop buying gas if I could too.)
If we purchase a computer it will go to India, (I hate my computer, but it still gets me on the web, so unless it blows up I'll keep it.)
If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, (Fruit is still too expensive, plus my fruit munching daughter, Isabelle, always eats it before I can even think about eating it!)
If we purchase a good car it will go to Japan, (I love my Chevy & will drive it until it dies.)
If we purchase useless stuff it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy.

We need to keep that money here in America. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it at GARAGE SALES, since those are the only businesses still in the US. (AMEN BROTHER!)

4 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

we're going to vacation and visit grandkids..l

Sybil said...

That sounds like a good idea to me. Garage sales are the best!

wispy willow said...

Wayne and I are seriously thinking of printing up bumper stickers that say, "Support the American economy. Shop at yard sales" I bet we'd make more money on those pointless, little government check!

wispy willow said...

OOPS! That should have read,
"make more money THAN on those pointless, little government checks".