Sunday, February 24, 2008

A “Carny’s” Life

I may have had some pretty disastrous dinner attempts lately, but one thing I know for sure...I can make a funnel cake. And I only realized this just a couple of nights ago, so I'm considering a "carny" profession as a funnel cake maker. Because you know they charge a fortune for those things & they're just batter & oil & some powdered sugar. And if I strap the babies to me & let the other three run circles around me, never brush our teeth or hair again & only eat funnel cakes morning, noon & night, then just maybe the traveling circus will pick us up & I can finally make a living creating funnel cake masterpieces & charging $5.00 a pop! They'll come in droves I tell ya! These things are sinfully good & they'll feel sorry for me because I have so many dirty little scoundrels in my pack & they'll pay the $5.00 in hopes that one day we'll find a better life, but I tell ya, what could be better than makin' & eatin' funnel cakes?












4 comments:

Steve, Christy & Roscoe said...

Oh Man-those were yummy!! Thanks so much for making them and yes I think your idea of a promising career in the funnel cake making business is brillant! Can I join in? :) You crack me up!

Chandi said...

I love funnel cake. We have bought them at our local farmers market. They are especially good with fresh fruit. You should post your recipe. I have been wanting to make ebelskeebers. I have no idea how you spell that. I just know I have the pan, and the recipe, and that they are delicious.

Anonymous said...

i am so totally craving one!

wispy willow said...

Uuhh... what could be better?? Let me see. Oh yeah. You makin em and lettin me eat em. Half price, of course. You really do need to post the recipe. They actually look like fun to make. And yours are magazine cover gorgeous!