Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hope life has been good to you.

Facebook.  Probably all of us or at least most of us are familiar with the internet wonder modeled after MySpace (but way better!!) that helps us to reconnect with old high school pals, friends, church members, or helps us to stay in touch with those we're still close to.  

I received a friend request today from someone & I didn't recognize the name & the profile photo was not a straight on shot to at least help me try to remember a face, so before I accepted the friend request, I wrote a quick message pretty much saying, 'Who the heck are you & do I know you?'.  

The guy was nice enough to write back & shot off some other names of people he ran around with & he mentioned I was a cheerleader & was his life long crush (just kidding on that part), but that he was pretty sure he knew who I was. So, come to find out, yeah, he knew me, but I still couldn't quite remember him, so I gave him a link to our family blog just because I love to show off my family & I ended the reply message with "and I hope life has been good to you," to which he reiterated the same thing to me when he replied & then it hit me.  

Why do we say that?  Shouldn't it be more like, "I hope you've been good to your life," instead of "I hope life has been good to you,"?  Because what does "life" have to do with it?  Isn't it what we do with our life or how we react to what happens to us in our life?  

So, take a moment & think about it, "Have you been good to your life?"

3 comments:

Sybil said...

Time has been good to me, and I hope I've been good to life! Love the new blog look, super cute!

Chandi said...

Very wise and wonderful words Maria. Great post. I loved it. This a something I want to write down and stick on my fridge so I can read it everyday.

Jean Tagliere said...

Love the new blog look!!! Wise words as always my dear friend! And to answer your queestion, I haven't been fair to my life.