Saturday, May 24, 2008

10 INCREDIBLE YEARS!

Mark & I celebrated our 10th anniversary yesterday, Friday, May 23, 2008. We married in the afternoon of May 23, 1998 in Holland, Michigan surrounded by friends and family. It was a perfect day and so was yesterday. I cannot believe how madly in love I am with this great man. As most know, we already took our backpacking trip which was to celebrate our 10 years of adventure together, but we also had to do something to signify the actual day of our anniversary. Well, much to my displeasure I spent the ENTIRE week laying in bed very, very ill with aggravated strep throat. Yes, not just strep throat, but aggravated strep throat. BUT! On Friday, with really good pain pills & a full 24 hours + of antibiotics in my system I was able to get up out of bed, make myself look presentable, and clean the house a bit to surprise Mark when he got home from work. I didn't have the time or energy to get him a gift, so I cleaned up his armoire by refolding all the clothes and reorganizing them. To you my love, I give you the gift of cleanliness. What did he get me? A beautiful bouquet of flowers and a freakin' Citizen watch & bracelet! Way to show me up honey!! But, a girl's never going to complain about jewelry!! And I'm pretty sure my husband would never complain about a clean house. Happy TENTH!


3 comments:

wispy willow said...

Yikes! She's not only feeling better... she's turning into "Miss Tidybowl".

Happy Tenth and Happy Forever After. What with gorgeous flowers, gorgeous watch and bracelt, gorgeous woman, good lookin man... a REALLY tidy armoire... Sounds like a great day to me.

Chandi said...

Can you believe it's been 10 years, and at the same time........has it only been ten years? That's how I feel. We hit our tenth in 3 days.

Sybil said...

Happy Anniversary